Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday Sewing

I have been busy sewing a birthday gift for my 2 year old niece Kayla- I decided to go with a cooking theme and make up a reversible apron and bandanna and led into a pot holder and mitten and to top it off a table setting for 4 - placemats, coasters and napkin sets. I am very please with the resultThe colours came together using the pink floral print (a fat quarter I had in my stash) I decided not to add a pocket to the floral side as it made it too busy. I quilted the blue spot to make the pot holder and mit. And needed to add some pink spot to make enough pink floral to make the bandanna. All the fabric came from my stash but I will definately be going out to replace my spots.
The table cloth has purple spots and will tie into a second apron and chefs hat for my other niece Sophie (Kayla's sister) who's favourite colour is of course purple and who's birthday is next month.
I hope they will both be cooking up a storm in thier new kitchen ware.

No comments: