Monday, November 24, 2008

A Masterpiece of Forever Flowers

This wonderful hand embroidered blanket was cleverly crafted by my mum over the past year as a special gift to me - something for me to remember her by.
As a child I remember mum trying unsuccessfully to teach me (a left hander) how to knit, sewing special dresses and taking over my latch hook. Mum stopped crafting when I was about 8 years old until this. A masterpiece which she has created with no plan or pattern just the idea and a blank grey canvas.
I love it - and it has even been backed with my all time favourite flannel.
There is such detail in this blanket from flowers, fish, caterpillars, bees, and bells. A textural feast.

2 comments:

Cass said...

Sarah it looks lovely and i know the left-handed frustration. No one coudl ever teach me to knit.

Lonie said...

Oh how absolutely beautiful. Certainly a gift to treasure forever.