Thursday, January 31, 2008

Felt Crowns,Fashion designer, Mini Swaps, Muffins and Coasters.

Felt Crowns
Today I spent a frustrating morning trying to make a felt crown to finish off Miranda's dance outfit. Firstly I had to design the crown, drawing just the right crown was not as easy as it seems especially for an unarticstic/perfectionist. but in the end the design was perfected - then came the cutting, sewing, turning and fitting......Well it all sounds and looks quite easy but have you ever tried to turn a double layer of felt through a small opening - It just does not work! SO after several attempts and being thankful I did not add a facing I unstiched the bottom, turned it over and topstiched the bottom - not too professional looking, overstreched felt and a little too big -but I must say It works for a 2yr old and from a distance looks quite good. Miranda was such a good helper that she stood and cut my left over peices up into fairy dust and drawing all over the many caterpillar paper cutouts.


Fashion Designer


I am starting to think Bronte is carving out a career in fashion design whenever I leave fabric lying around she seems to find it and drape it on generally keeping it together with hair clips, or she turns skirts into tops (see her birthday pics)! I did buy her a battery sewing machine for her Birthday so maybe some more fabric is due?

Mini Swap
I have joined my second swap since blogging and today I got the details of our swap partner who lives in Philadelphia USA - the mini swap is a swap especially for our kids and I will be filling a parcel for a 19month old and soon to be 4 yr old boys. I was so excited that I began filling a bag straight away and have a very long list of possible things to send.

Anzac Muffins


Late last night my dear husband was searching through the fridge for somthing after dinner and decided that 3 weetbix and cream (yes Weetbix and cream for desert- go figure) would have to do -MMMMMMM?? so out came the Muffine Bible and Anzac Muffins were made.

1tsp baking soda
3/4 cup warm milk
50g butter, melted
2 tblsp golden syrup
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup desicated coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 egg
2 cups flour
Disolve baking soda in milk, then add butter, golden syrup and brown sugar and mix well.

Add remaining ingredients and stir until just combined.

Three-quarter fill well-greased muffin pans and bake at 190C for 15-20 mins - remember to lower times if using smaller pans not like me -they were a little well done.

At least the girls will not have to eat weetbix for morning tea!

Coasters

My husband has ben asking me to make him some coasters after I made many for christmas presents last year. So tonight he finally got his coaster.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah's husband here, all i can say is Weet-Bix and cream is delicious!! My favourite for a 9pm snack just before a work conference call with people who have just arrived at work for 9am there time.

If my eating Weet-Bix was inspiration for muiffins so much the better!!! Interesting though that my wife then gives me a hard time for helping myself to one, as a result I helped myself to a second because they were in fact even more delicious than weet-bix and cream!

The coaster is also fabbo!