Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sassy Apron Swap





I's so excited! This is my first swap ever. I made my first Apron for my Mum for Christmas - Pattern from Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol. She Loved it







I am kind of new to sewing and blogging but have spent the last few months up till hours reading all these fabulous creative peoples bloggs and have also pulled out the machine and well and truly been pushing metal to the peddal.... Crash coursing myself.



Sewing

This week alone I completed 8 patch braclets, 8 Coin Purses, 7 tote bags and 2 flag buntings - the bags were made in a day all in preparation for my 8 year olds birthday party sleep over! I have also this month made 3 pencil rolls with hand embroidery on the front and 3 doorstops yet to be filled! Wow writing this down sure seems a feat.
The Dragonfly embroidery on my header is also a completion of Jan ready to be made into pencil roll.



Reading

I am onto my 2nd book for the year -

Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keyes - When I finished it I felt sad, like I was loosing a family

member.

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. WOW it's an amazing story of triumph, tragedy and unpredicted love in troubled times.



Last Year I read about 14 books, many were Biographies of women in the Middle East - Princess Sultuna of Saudi Arabia was an amazing lady, Love in a Torn Land was an amazing story of a life in Iraq. Through these books I have come to see the Muslim faith in a light projected by women, mothers, daughters and wives - It has been great to learn about other cultures and faith to gain a little insight into the experiences of others.



I feel I am blessed to have the ability to read and the resources to gain access to these books.



I have also spent many hours reading so many creative blogs - generally I click on links and just find sites this way - so thank you to all of you who put links on your sites linking me to a wonderful rainbow of people with fantastic ideas.



Seeing

seen 3 movies - Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, PS I love You (A Must see) and Attonment, And I was lucky enough to win a family pass to The Opera House to see La Grande Cirque it was amazing - as was my 2yr old sitting through the 2 hour performance.



I am more of a reader than a blogger so I have spent more time reading blogs - I hope to update more often but I can not make any promises.






No comments: