Saturday, April 5, 2008

Past weeks Mother's Day Stall crafting

Here are the projects I have been working on over the past weeks in preparation for Bronte's School Mother's Day Stall I have priced them all between $2 - $4 as this is the range of prices given to the kids to make buying their mum's something affordable. (All the money goes to the school as fundraising)

2 Tea Cosies with my own tea cup applique using a pattern from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing



4 Needle Cases using Sewprimkhris tutorial with a little adjustment - my flower did not work well so I used our dinner and side plates to create a circular needle case which worked just as well and for me a little less challenging.

5 Pin Cushions using paper.string.cloth tutorial I had to be more precise in my cutting as the free form did not work for me. I especially LOVED the button sewing technique this is just the best way to sew on buttons.

6 Compact Stitching Purse with needle case found it a thrifted Patchwork and Stitching mag using some great suiting fabric which I found in an op shop (I got about 5 m for about $1) I plan to make a bag with it - and much more.

5 sets of Hair clips and ties

4 sets of glass magnets - Thanks to Lauren for the tutorial - not as good as hers -I used fabric.

3 Tea Towel 1/2 Aprons - just added some cotton tape and 2 darts in the front.

I have really enjoyed finding these little project tutorials and making them all - Thanks to everyone who puts tutorials out there to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sarah. Once again you amaze me- that's a lot of stuff! That's such a great idea to have a school sale so the kids can get their moms something for Mother's Day. Looks like there will be quite a few lucky moms this year...