Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Swap Confussion!

Both my Apron Swap and Mini Swap were sent on Friday 22nd Feb - and I am excited my mini swap has arrived safely and can be seen open here.
But what in the world is gigglepotamus talking about - she loves the recipe - I was sure I didn't send her a recipe/what recipe did I send them???? an email later and I find I have sent gigglepotamus my apron swap recipe along with my mini swap! OK now I am nervous where did I send my apron swap.

ARGH! Dianna if you got your apron can you leave a comment PLEASE! and here is your lost soup recipe - for everyone to enjoy.

Chicken and Couscous Soup
Prep: 25mins
Total cooking: 30 mins
Serves: 6
1tbl olive oil
1 onion sliced
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground paprika
1 tsp grated ginger
1 clove crushed garlic
2 sticks celery, sliced
2 small carrots sliced
2 zucchini, sliced
4 ½ cups chicken stock
2 chicken breast fillets sliced
Pinch of saffron threads (optional)
½ cup instant couscous
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Heat oil in large heavy based pan. Add onion and cook over medium heat for 10 mins until very soft, stirring occasionally. Add the cumin, paprika, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute further.

Add celery, carrot, zucchini and stir to coat with spices. Stir in the stick. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered for about 15mins or until the vegetables are tender.

Add the chicken and saffron threads (if you are using them) to the pan and cook for about 5 mins until the chicken is just tender; do not overcook. Stir in the couscous and chopped parsley and serve.

Cooks Note: add the couscous to the soup just before
serving: it absorbs liquid quickly and becomes very thick.

My family (including little ones) love this soup and it is nice and fresh for spring. I hope you get a chance to try it out.

I used Rosemary instead of cumin, paprika and ginger and tumeric instead of saffron as I did not have these and it was quite nice as well.

No comments: